Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken XDM Slide stop/release

GMB

They just break off and it causes the slide to not cycle properly. Its hard to describe excatly where they are breaking, its right around the bend area opposite the area where you would engage it with your thumb or finger when locking the slide back. SA customer service has been great, but I hope to get the issue resolved after Nationals. They advisedto send it back after Nationals as they could not guarantee it's return if I sent now.

• 10 months later...

I use our stainless steel one for IDPA, and I don't shoot to slide lock in Production often so I don't stress the factory one. Is there a need for a billet one for Production?

I would for sure buy one just for having the peace of mind that it won't fail.

Scott, let me know if you do end up making one.

This topic has my interest... I did put the SP S.S. slide stop in my wifes 40 only as a precaution. We have not had any problems with the stock piece. What I'm wondering is... Are the folks with busted stops all right handed by any chance? I'm just wondering if thumb placement is an issue during firing?

Could this be to relying on the slide release when changing the mags extensively? Im a slide grabber myself mostly during reloads and havent had an issue yet but will keep an eye for any signs of danger