Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Normal wear? Or do I have a problem?

CZinSC

Basic history, CZ SP01, has around 24000 rounds through it. Mostly my reloads, 4.3gns N320, using 124FMJ. On Sunday I bought a Ultrasonic Cleaner, and cleaned the hell out of it. Then applied Froglube ( this is new experience for me, have used regular CLP until now ). Figured I would see if Froglube is as good as everyone says. Anyway, at the range today, I noticed what I thought was strange. See pic #1. I noticed that the case is very visible while the gun is in battery. Is this normal, and I've just never noticed it, or is there a problem? The second issue is the barrel. After I saw what I am pointing out above, I strip the gun at the range making sure it looked like the barrel was fully seating, and it looked like it was. But then I noticed what looks like scrapes on the top right of the chamber. I can't tell if this just happened, or if its just normal wear. I'm wondering if the sonic cleaner cleaned it so well that it looks like it's new. Does anyone with a SP01 or Shadow with a high round count have any marks that look like these? ( Squirrels? how about you?)

Anyway, can't tell if I'm being a Nervous Nelly, or this is just normal wear. It ruined the rest of my practice session, so I'm hoping someone will put my mind at ease that this is normal wear.

Thanks.

cz2_zps909592d6.jpg

cz1_zps8e1fb3f2.jpg

It does look like someon took a file to your barrel. I'll look at my guns when I get home tonight.

It was those damn workbench gremlins. Or possibly the Trunk Monkey?!

Thanks Scott. Look forward to hearing if you have the same issues.

On my primary gun, it actually looks like the barrel has been hitting the slide in that area. It is shiny and peened over. On my backup gun (which I haven't fired much,) it looks like it has been clearanced in that area, but they did a little better job than on your gun. :roflol:

Primary:

IMG_5037_zpsb4a3950e.jpg

Backup:

IMG_5039_zpsc2c1c710.jpg