Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how to install a new trigger

That link is as good as any I've seen. And that Brazos kit is very good, I installed it in two 1911s.

You will probably find that you should leave pretravel alone. Some pretravel is necessary and if you find you can reduce it, it will most likely be a very, very small amount.

Ok, I got the trigger in, pre-travel is about .040 The hammer will catch in the half cock notch but will fall it i pull the trigger hard. I took away over travel but that does not seem to do the trick. I took the screw all the way out and the hammer will still fall. I have no idea if it did this before because I did not know to check it....

Got it, the Brazos article says "The hammer should not drop. If your gun fails this test, you either need more overtravel or there may be damage to the half-cock notch or sear" It seems like this should say you need more pre-travel. With the hammer in half cock if I pulled the trigger forward it would click and the hammer would fall more deeply into the half cock notch. I took it apart, increased the amount of pretravel and bada-bing perfection!! :cheers:

Edited by Paul-the new guy