Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can a CZ 75 Compact 14rd mag convert for 75 Shadow use?

Stician

I recently purchased a 75 Shadow and Rob from CZ Custom said Mec-gar makes a 15rd magazine for my gun. Mec-gar only had one choice, CZ 75 Compact 14 rounds, on their website so I ordered and received a few. They are too short. Can a spacer and base plate be used? If not I will return them and contact a gunsmith about pinning a 18rd CZ magazine to NJ-legal 15rds. Thanks in the advance, I'm a newbie looking to get into IDPA.

I recently purchased a 75 Shadow and Rob from CZ Custom said Mec-gar makes a 15rd magazine for my gun. Mec-gar only had one choice, CZ 75 Compact 14 rounds, on their website so I ordered and received a few. They are too short. Can a spacer and base plate be used? If not I will return them and contact a gunsmith about pinning a 18rd CZ magazine to NJ-legal 15rds. Thanks in the advance, I'm a newbie looking to get into IDPA.

That's really obnoxious.

All full-size Mec-Gar magazines are 16-rounders these days. Return the compact magazines - you won't be able to make them work. Either keep an eye out for older CZ/Mec-Gar magazines (which were 15-rounds), pin some larger capacity magazines to 18 rounds, or buy some 10-roundes.

I am not an expert though...maybe they do make 15-round magazines still?

MecGar apparently has discontinued the 15rnd mags.

CZ-USA had a stock of them last year that is sold out now.

you are most likely going to have to go with 10rnd mags or block 18 and 16 mags.