Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550 ?

I just picked up a used 550 the guy said he barley used, it all seems fine except the powder assembly appears to be the old type. So I just bought the 45 quick change kit and noticed the bars are not the same, so I figure I need a new bar to use the new head? Will the old head work fine? What's the difference and how old are those heads? Trying to get some rounds loaded but wasn't sure about some things other then that bar and the different linkages is there really any difference?

Brian F. What do the springs around the Powder measure do?

I honestly couldn't tell you. I am new to this and bought my press used and that is the powder measure that came with it. From what I have read, this is the old return fail safe system. The springs are what return the powder bar slide home. I am sure someone will correct me if my research is wrong. Where in Kansas are you? I live in Derby (Wichita).

I honestly couldn't tell you. I am new to this and bought my press used and that is the powder measure that came with it. From what I have read, this is the old return fail safe system. The springs are what return the powder bar slide home. I am sure someone will correct me if my research is wrong. Where in Kansas are you? I live in Derby (Wichita).

Powder Valley is your neighbor nice no shipping for components.