Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun barrel porting

Zebraman

I have a new Benelli M2 that I am setting up for the open class. I would like to know if anyone has had their barrel Angle Ported by Ballistic Specialties? I currently have a shotgun that has been Mag-Na-Ported, and frankly I couldn't tell much difference, a little but not much. Does anyone have any experience with Angle Porting, and do you have any pictures of your barrel? The photos on their website are really poor.

Also, has anyone tried a shotgun with the old JP mid-barrel brake? Did it work? Does anyone have an old JP mid-barrel shotgun brake laying around, or know of where I might find one that I could buy? I know it's a longshot, but I thought I would try.

Thanks....Z

If you want real shotgun porting that works.....check out http://www.rhinochokes.com/gunsmithing_barrel.htm Joe Morales is a great guy and his stuff works...I have a 390 with angle porting and a barrel done by briley for the same gun....My 391 I had Joe do and it's feels alot better...Most of the Sporting clays world has Joe do the porting on there guns now.

I looked at Rhinochokes' website, but there were no pictures of any barrel porting. I sent an email yesterday and tried to call Rhinochokes in Florida this morning. I have not gotten an answer to the email and their voice mailboxes are full (I called customer service and sales). Is this normal for them? The last barrel I had ported was from Mag-Na-Port, and I was able to communicate with them via email and phone.

Edited by Zebraman

Well, I have not had any luck in getting information from Rhino Chokes. After calling a couple of times, I called again and was able to speak to a gentleman who told me about how wonderful and technologically advanced his porting was. He then named off a bunch of people who are using his porting, which meant nothing to me as they were clays shooters. I asked if I could see a picture of the porting, to which he asked if I was more interested in what it looked like than how it worked? I let him know that I never bought anything unless I was able to see what I am getting first. He asked me what I was going to use the gun for, and when I let him know it was for 3 gun, he let me know that he was a Grandmaster and that he knew what I needed. He then transferred me to another guy who asked for my email, and after a couple of minutes, said that it was on its way. I called back about 20 mins latter, and said that I had not received it, he said that he sent it, and that it wasn't instant messaging, and that it would take awhile. I said okay eventhough I know this isn't true. I called back the next day and left a message with their customer service extension. I never received a call back, eventhough the message said that they would. By the way, the name and voice on the customer service recording was the same guy who said that he had sent me the information. I called again, the next day, but did not leave another message. Rhino chokes may have great porting, but it doesn't seem like they want my business, so I will move on.

Has anyone had any experience with AnglePort by Ballistic Specialties? I want to get my new Benelli's barrel ported and forcing cone lengthened.

Thanks,

Z

Edited by Zebraman