Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9MM bullets Precision vs MG

KentG

I have to say upfront I have used MG bullets for years in my 45 (XD and 1911's) and love them. I naturaly went that way for the 9 starting last winter. Now Im liking the Precision Delta bullets better. The MG 147s have a semi truncated shape and have continued to give me some intermittant feed issues. I tried a 200 sample pack of the Precision Delta in my 5.25 and they have been perfect. I bought 2K more of them and have loaded a few more for verifying chrono data and accuracy and and Im sold. Plus they cost a bit less. :cheers:

I did try some of the bayou green but they also were unreliable for me.

Seems to have fixed a problem for me. I still have about 500 MGs loaded up and had to use them Sunday and had another couple problems. I will finish them off for practice and forward will be only PD for match.

Your results may vary.

Hah, I went the other way, but I fire 124 JHP, not 147 FMJ. Have you tried MG's 124JHP? I find my MG loads much more accurate than the PD 124FMJ I was building before. Both with Win231, 4.4gr.

YMMV...

When I went to the 9mm for 3gun I bought a hundred each of White Box 115,124 and 147s. I liked the 147 and just went that way. I did a chrono test and side by side accuracy off a rest today to double check what I had seen when I first tested this and the accuracy is identical and POI is close enough to not matter for practice. I tweaked my dot accordingly but not much. I wont say anything negative about MG but my gun just likes the PD better.

Got to get the 650 CRANKING. I like to batch reload a few K at a time so Im not constantly loading a couple hundred at a time.

Edited by Kent Grewe

• 1 month later...

When I went to the 9mm for 3gun I bought a hundred each of White Box 115,124 and 147s. I liked the 147 and just went that way. I did a chrono test and side by side accuracy off a rest today to double check what I had seen when I first tested this and the accuracy is identical and POI is close enough to not matter for practice. I tweaked my dot accordingly but not much. I wont say anything negative about MG but my gun just likes the PD better.

Got to get the 650 CRANKING. I like to batch reload a few K at a time so Im not constantly loading a couple hundred at a time.

Care to share your 9mm load for you XD? New owner of a XD (M) competition and would like a good starting load with those PD 124 JHP

Edited by lablover

PD 147gr 1.115" over N320 3.6 gr. Pretty consistant it seems.

Thanks for the data. Just got a couple 5.25 and look forward to loading for them. Ya saved me a little time. I ordered a few sample packs of the PD

Edited by lablover

Hah, I went the other way, but I fire 124 JHP, not 147 FMJ. Have you tried MG's 124JHP? I find my MG loads much more accurate than the PD 124FMJ I was building before. Both with Win231, 4.4gr.

YMMV...

My 5.25 loves the 124g JHP by PD as well. 6.0gr of Acc #5 is clean, reliable and accurate

Edited by jfremder

• 1 month later...

I have to say upfront I have used MG bullets for years in my 45 (XD and 1911's) and love them. I naturaly went that way for the 9 starting last winter. Now Im liking the Precision Delta bullets better. The MG 147s have a semi truncated shape and have continued to give me some intermittant feed issues. I tried a 200 sample pack of the Precision Delta in my 5.25 and they have been perfect. I bought 2K more of them and have loaded a few more for verifying chrono data and accuracy and and Im sold. Plus they cost a bit less. :cheers:

Seems to have fixed a problem for me. I still have about 500 MGs loaded up and had to use them Sunday and had another couple problems. I will finish them off for practice and forward will be only PD for match.

Your results may vary.

What sample pack did you get? 124's ?? JHP??

Your results may vary.

What sample pack did you get? 124's ?? JHP??

147 gr

I have stayed with the Brearcreek bullets because the cost is so reasonable. $60-$65 per thousand for 9mm depending on weight and $73 per thou for 180gr .40 and they are a accurate.