Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Emergency Surgery

cpty1

Well it's been a tough several days.  Started experiencing very severe stomach pain last Thursday night, and sometime early last Friday morning, I underwent emergency colon surgery.  I'm sporting about a foot less of that thing now.  Maybe I'll pick up a few tenths on the field courses due to lighter weight.  Needless to say, I'm out of commission for a while.  In the hosptial for a week and got to come home about the time I was planning on leaving for Area 6.  Oh well, such is life.  I looked and there are some preliminary results up on the Area 6 page.  Good luck to everyone there and I'll miss the opportunity we would have probably had to meet.

Chris,

Best of luck to you. A good attitude is important to recovery from any injury or illness. You will be back shooting soon.

I was about to complain about getting stitches in my trigger finger. :(

Bill Nesbitt

Chris, sorry to hear about your missing the area.  I ended up loosing my voice at my high school baseball teams district playoffs (they won) and did'nt go either.  The good news is our team won the district championship and now are on their way to the state championship.  I lost 17 years of shooting due to having my legs injured in the military.  Just started shooting again this last December.  Take your time and heal up, your health is more important, the shooting will still be here when your back.

I can feel the good vibes already.  I'm feeling a little better every day.  Go back to the doctor Friday so I'm hoping to have some feedback on full recovery time.  I know there's never a good time for emergency surgery, but man, I sure was looking forward to the Area 6 match.  I guess the only thing on the radar screen other than local stuff will be the street gun nats.  I'm hoping surely, I'm 100% by then.