Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2.5lb Trigger with ILS system, Possible?

Racer377

I've recently acquired a Springer TRP and was wondering if it is possible to get a nice 2.5lb or so trigger out of it WITHOUT swapping the MS housing/magwell for a non-ILS version. Why? because I'm cheap, and don't want to pay $80 for a new one.

It started out at 5.5lbs. With the Wolff 24lb ILS mainspring and some relatively modest internal polishing, I'm down to 3.75lbs. Is it possible to get it lighter without compromising reliability? Or will I have to pony up for a non-ILS ass-end with a 17/18lb spring?

What is an ILS system ?? Some sort of safety device ??

Yep, it's the goofy little key lock thing SA puts in the MS housing. It uses a different mainspring cap with a channel cut into it, along with a shorter mainspring. The lock mechanism is a small tube thingy that locks into the channel o the MS cap to prevent the weapon from being fired.

The minimum you will need to disable your Springfield's ILS (using your stock housing) is a new Mainspring Cap (Brownells Stock Number 160-116-135), a new Mainspring (Brownells Stock Number 160-116-100) and a Mainspring Cap Pin (Brownells Stock Number 160-116-130. However, if you want to go all out (or keep your ILS MSH complete and intact), spend the extra $4.39 and also pick up The Mainspring Retainer Pin (Brownells Stock Number 160-116-132).

Racer can you tell me what parts did you polish to get it down to 3.75lb pull

Sure. Trigger bow sides and rear, sear sides, sear face, hammer hooks, hammer sides, disconnector sides and the parts where the sear and sear spring touches.