Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 JM Model Failure to eject

Robbie

I have had rounds not completely extract and the next round trapped on the lifter. Kind of like a double feed, but the expended round is out of the chamber and on top of the next round. I shoot Winchester Super Target (heavy target load) 1200 fps. I recently went to a wolf spring and cut it about 4 inches. It only happens occasionally, but cost me about 15 seconds on a stage in my last match, and again today when I was practicing. I clean it regularly so it wasn't that dirty. Am puzzled and have a match this weekend and don't want to drop points because of a gun issue.

May need a more powerful load, I know a bunch of guys here that run a minimum of 1300fps otherwise it doesn't run 100%. Either that or you may not have a firm enough hold on it. I haven't had an issue with mine to date.

I had the same problem. I sent it back to Mossberg, and they returned it with a new bolt assembly. No note was included with it as to what the problem was, but I'm assuming it was an extractor issue. Follow-up emails to Mossberg, to inquire as to the nature of the problem, have not been returned. Hope this helps. For the record, I have had only 1 recurrence of the problem since it was sent back from Mossberg, out of about 50 rounds so far. Since the gun is still being broken in, I'm going to wait to see if there are any more instances before I contact Mossberg again.

May need a more powerful load, I know a bunch of guys here that run a minimum of 1300fps otherwise it doesn't run 100%. Either that or you may not have a firm enough hold on it. I haven't had an issue with mine to date.

After some thinking and talking with buddies, I have a feeling it was partially me not having a firm hold as you mentioned. It would happen when I was transitioning from target to target and I probably loosened up on it. I did shoot 50 rds of Federal Ammo today, 3 dram 8shot 1300 fps and had no issues. Thanks for all the replies.