Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Carver mount holster options

ChopperDoc

I just installed a Carver mount and C- More on my buddy’s G35. We have been looking at holster options.

I run a CR Speed on my compensated G17 with a SJC C More mount. His will not fit in my holster.

Carver offers a “modified” CR Speed holster for 190 bucks. Before he drops that much cash down on a holster we were wondering what other options are available.

What are you guys using? Please post some photos too

Thanks

Vic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you plan to stick with the Carver Mount, the modified CR Speed is your only real option, although I've heard of some guys using a Safariland. Email Bobby and ask him what modifications are needed to make the holster run, I'm certain he will help you out. PM me if you have any other questions, and I'll be happy to help where I can.

The holster reason is the main reason I had an sjc mount put on mine as I am not a fan of the cr speed at all as it is not very good on retention

Not good on retention? Are you sure you had it set up right, mine are are very solid on retention over a very wide variety of guns.

Not good on retention? Are you sure you had it set up right, mine are are very solid on retention over a very wide variety of guns.

To add to this....a LOT of top shooters use this holster for a reason. Maybe do some adjusting/modifying it to fit you as a shooter better? Just trying to help. guess I shouldve led with that.....

Ya, If the gun can be drawn locked, it can fall out locked. Got the CR speed of a prize table and it was gone within a week and I stayed with the Kydex till I got my STI open gun and went with the Racemaster. Use the same holster for the limited and open STI as well as the backup glock open gun. With the lock on it is not coming out at all and the lock is very fast to kick off. For stand and draw its not needed but with the weird laying down, seated in a crappy chair etc starts the gun is rock solid

• 3 weeks later...