Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Progress!

jnshapiro

Ok, I'm mostly a Cowboy Action Shooter. I do shoot some Steel Challenge too, but I use my Cowboy revolvers. I occasionally shoot IPSC, though it has been quite a while.

Anyway, I was out at the range practicing today and I discovered that I keep my eyes open when the gun goes off, and the front sight just rises up and a little to the left on recoil. Just like it's supposed to! I never noticed it before.

Times aren't any faster than before I noticed this, and accuracy isn't any different either. But I am starting to be aware of more that's going on.

I'm also starting to shoot much more on the subconsious level than before. When that all goes right, my times are down. I'm just aware of what's going on and my eyes are driving it all.

I'm also learning to shoot more relaxed. That's making a big difference.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions folks!

Joel

This stuff really works! The relaxing and seeing part. Shot a Steel match today. I'm not very good at it yet, and combined with a problem with my revolvers, I have a group size issue. That'll be fixed soon.

Anyway, I really paid attention to relaxing and watching the sight rise. Wow! I dropped 25 seconds off my time from last month! Gotta work on this some more...

The fun is coming back!

Joel