Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Firing pin removal for cleaning

alma

I have a CZ n00b question for you all.

I am trying to do a first time cleaning of the firing pin channel on my CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Target Custom but I am having difficulty removing the Firing Pin Stop.

I am currently trying to use a punch to depress the firing pin while I push down on the stop but I can't get the stop to budge. Does anyone have an easier way of doing this? because of the position of the target sights over the siring pin stop there is no opportunity to push or leverage the stop from above.

Thanks for the help,

Alma

Thanks for the advice. I finally got it off but it required unscrewing my adjustable rear sight to drift it from the top with a brass hammer. For a minute I was wondering if it was set in with red locktite when the sights were installed but it was just friction. Had to drift it back in when I was finished as well.

• 10 months later...

Well...that answers that question.

My firing pin stop is going to require the hammer of thor to get it out. Now i just have to figure out how to remove the LPA sight. :)

Flat head screw driver put under the firing pin stop and a hammer. Some light taps and it came out thankfully without jettisoning the firing pin into anything soft or easily damaged. :)

It really is solidly in there.