Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40cal 140 mag questions

roby

hey guys,

i just recently got my sti, now i need mags. i was looking at the run of the mill 140 tubes w/ ismi springs, factory follower, and dawson +1 pad....pretty standard around here. this setup generally holds 18, 19 with some effort and will i believe. my question is, if im goin to buy new bodies and guts, id like the best. i read the past threads and numerous ppl have noted getting 20 rounds comfortably in their mag w/ the new gram follower combo. my question is, is this dependent on grams basepads? so i would have to use the whole grams combo for this to work? if this is the case, which mm pad would i need to use w/ the 140 tube to remain legal and get that 20th round? if yall can point me in the right direction, id greatly appreciate it. where is the best place to get this combo from....ie cheapest :lol:

The magazine tubes may require a little filing on their feet if you haven't already done that (e.g., for Dawson pads). I'm getting a little stickiness with the new follower's front left edge contacting the magazine tube at the top half-inch or so, but they work regardless.

After extensive testing and match use with a single spring/follower combo, I bought a second, and it is working, too. The 20th round fits snugly and I'll use the mag to start a stage but I won't reload to it. I did not and will not alter my magazine tubes (other than the feet, which I did a long time ago for the Dawson pads).

all my mags fit 20 . but i also just start with this and keep the rest at 19 rounds i just bought some dawson tuned mags ,arredondo followers,dawson +1 everything dropped in like a charm.. :D if you want less head ache i would go with this or have Beven "Mag guru" grams tune it up for you..(i like those holes he put in the back of the mags) ;)