Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Surgery #3 in the last 4 months

chaosshooter00

I love that the BEnoverse has a place to unload your inner thought to folks that may actually understand. That being said, let's get to the hate. This has been a terrible year medically for me. In March I had back surgery, a discectomy on L3 - L5, I feel better and they say I should have feeling back in my left leg in 18 months or so. In May, at a post surgery visit, my surgeon noticed a lump on my left hip, in 2006 my primary had diagnosed it and two other lumps as lipoma and said not to worry they were fat cysts, my surgeon talks me into taking two of them out, turns out the left hip is a sebaceous cyst the size of a grapefruit and the left elbow is a cystic fibroma. He then tells me that I need to see a hand surgeon for the lump in my palm, so I see the hand surgeon and he tells me I have dupuytren's contracture. Cool, huh? Turns out this is a hereditary disease that three generations of my family never had and as the lucky recipient I'm gifted with a disease of Viking origin, for which the only treatment is surgery to remove it and it comes back in 85% of patients. Enough of the rant, I've probably bored you anyway. Thanks Brian for the fore thought to create a forum like this.

Hope you can find something that up's your spirits. <_<

I have had my share of medical issues via my daughter. All I do somedays is hope the next is better and a lot of times that is the solution to sanity.

Thoughts and prayers for you...

Look up Xiaflex before you commit to surgery and ask your hand surgeon if you are a candidate.

If I hadn't waited 5-10 years before a misdiagnosis in 2006, that would have been an option. My surgeon says it may be an option to stave off the next surgery, I guess this stuff comes back in about 80% of people who have the surgery. Appreciate the thought, you must be familiar with the disease, or in the medical field.

Edited by chaosshooter00

Hope you can find something that up's your spirits. <_<

I have had my share of medical issues via my daughter. All I do somedays is hope the next is better and a lot of times that is the solution to sanity.

Thoughts and prayers for you...

BEnoverse is a huge lifter of spirits. It's nice to be able to chat with people from all over with similar interests.

Yeah. I'm sort of in the field. If it helps you feel better, Xiaflex wasn't available until late 2010 anyway so ...

Not really helping, LOL. It's surprising to me that in this day and age, we have a disease, with origins back to the Viking age, that there is no cure and one treatment for. Living under my mushroom has not prepared me for reality, "Sorry Bill, there's no pill or app. for that." You gotta give this forum respect, where else can you talk guns and whine about diseases that only 3% of Americans have and bump into a guy who actually knows something about it. Tomorrow at 07:30 they make the first incision, today's gonna be a train wreck. Thanks Steve for taking the time out of your day.