Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 JM Sling, Stock, Extension, etc

Hello,

Just got my Mossberg 930 JM 24" 9+1, and have a few questions

1. Which rear mount attachment do you think I should get , red or blue, or entire butt stock, Sling = 2 point

0012w.jpg

2. Where can I find an Adjustable Stock for the mossberg 930?

3. Nordic Extension Tube End Cap, do you think a 3/4" will fit another shell? or the 1-1/2" model?

thanks

1. Which rear mount attachment do you think I should get , red or blue, or entire butt stock, Sling = 2 point

Seems like the red location would be in the way of your grip, does someone make one for this location?

2. Where can I find an Adjustable Stock for the mossberg 930?

I don't know of any after market adjustable stocks.

What adjustment do you need? LOP or up/down?

You should have gotten a set of "shims" with the 930 to adjust the stock up/down.

Some have shortened the LOP a little My link but the buffer tube extends to very near the end of the stock so shortening more than 1/2" or so is hard.

Making it longer is easy with shims under the recoil pad.

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

GG&G makes a variety of sling attachment points for the Mossberg. http://www.gggaz.com/tactical-shotgun-accessories/sling-attachments-en-2/mossberg-sling-attachments-en.html

I use one attached at your "red" location and another at the front end for one or two point sling option. In practice, I've only had to use the single point sling.

The 3/4 version on my 22 inch gives me one more in the tube. Fill your tube and see how far you can push in the tenth shell. If it goes little more than halfway, you should be good with the 3/4 version.

# 1 - I put the GG&G sling loop attachment in the red location. Just bear in mind, if you use one of those type, you can't use the factory adjustment shims. The anti-rotate stud in the wrist of the butstock isn't long enough to engage both.

I use the same sling for both.

# 2 - Don't know

# 3 - Don't know