Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EY, YO! BROOKLYN!

Mechanistic

Howdy, howdy, howdy.

A good friend just introduced me to this forum and I think I am going to be a regular here.

Since having been invited to take part in the shooting sport last year with trap shooting, I have been ever since in love with these amazingly engineered little systems of mechanisms and explosions! :roflol: It really is a thrill and despite having been raised a farm girl, never really got to experience the art and sport of competition shooting until moving to NYC and bumping into perhaps the most helpful, knowledgeable, and welcoming group of individuals I have ever met. Everyone around me is always willing to motivate and educate.

The fascination also lies with the physical aspect of the assorted disciplines that until really taking part in, had no clue of! Having had an extensive fitness background, I am just floored that something that seems more mental than anything else can leave you outright physically tuckered and am on a mission to fully understand the anatomical aspects of this sport to perfect it that much more so any suggestions out there from seasoned pros are more than welcome!

By partaking in this forum and in the shooting sport, I want to become as enamored as possible in this world as it is something I truly seem to have a natural passion and tendency for! Hopefully, with a degree in industrial design, I also hope to apply that towards armory/gunsmithing. Being a young female and having recently joined the NRA and residing in perhaps the hellish, when it comes to gun laws, NYC, I also want to take part in as much of the legislation as possible to ensure that our second amendment rights are not infringed as NYC is the stronghold!

Yee-haw! Looking forward to learning as much as possible and meeting many fellow gun enthusiasts along the way! :cheers:

Welcome to the forum and to the area. I grew up here but just got into shooting just over a year ago. I also have taking a liking to trap shooting and with a range only about 20 minutes from home it makes it easy.

If you haven't had the chance already check out Thunder Mountain in Ringwood NJ you definitely should. It's an easy drive from the city. I actually may be taking a female friend of mine shooting for the first time there this weekend.

Cheers

Bill

Edited by BillyBeards

Raised outside of Houston and then moved to El Paso. Much easier to do this down there huh?

Yeah, we are pretty gun friendly down here. If you come back to Texas, give us a shout. Plenty of shooting & guns to go around.

• 4 weeks later...

Out in the Hamptons on LI there is the LI Practical Shooters, the range is located at the airport out there.

Up in Dutchess County, if they are still holding matches, is Dutchess County Practical Shooters

I think there are still matches being held in Freeport, on LI in Nassau County, as well

good luck