Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High(er) Capacity Mags for P226 .40s&w?

JGus

Can anyone lead me to a higher capacity mag than the currently available 15 rd Mecgar mags?

I am using a Sig P226 X-5 Competition in .40s&w for USPSA Limited. It came with the two Sig mags, and I bought eight 15 rd Mecgar mags (had to file down the sides a little, but after that they fit just fine in the magwell).

However, I've searched everywhere for higher capacity mags than just 15 rounds. I've read the threads where Roger Sherman sells a "mousetrap" mag extension that will get me to 18 rds. Don't know much about it. Can anyone give me an idea on what the "mousetrap" costs and do any modifications need to be done to the mag?

It would just be a lot easier to buy a high capacity mag with 16, 18, or 20 rounds. And I know Promag makes a 20 rd .40s&w mag for the P226, but I've read many negative comments about these mags, even though I've never used them myself.

Does anyone know of a 16 rd mag or higher that is made for the Sig P226 .40s&w?

Thanks.

Edited by JGus

Can anyone lead me to a higher capacity mag than the currently available 15 rd Mecgar mags?

I am using a Sig P226 X-5 Competition in .40s&w for USPSA Limited. It came with the two Sig mags, and I bought eight 15 rd Mecgar mags (had to file down the sides a little, but after that they fit just fine in the magwell).

However, I've searched everywhere for higher capacity mags than just 15 rounds. I've read the threads where Roger Sherman sells a "mousetrap" mag extension that will get me to 18 rds. Don't know much about it. Can anyone give me an idea on what the "mousetrap" costs and do any modifications need to be done to the mag?

It would just be a lot easier to buy a high capacity mag with 16, 18, or 20 rounds. And I know Promag makes a 20 rd .40s&w mag for the P226, but I've read many negative comments about these mags, even though I've never used them myself.

Thanks.

These Basepadsmade by Lt. Col. Roger Sherman along with his springs and followers can get you up to 18. To get twenty requires a bit more effort.

Thanks.

These Basepadsmade by Lt. Col. Roger Sherman along with his springs and followers can get you up to 18. To get twenty requires a bit more effort.

Thanks for the info. I sent an email to him to ask about ordering some base pads.

Is it a simple install on my current Mecgar mags?

Staudacher, also sent you a US Postal money order a few days ago to order one of your Standard version magwells for my x-5 competition .40s&w. Looking forward to getting it installed on my gun.

Edited by JGus

Staudacher, also sent you a US Postal money order a few days ago to order one of your Standard version magwells for my x-5 competition .40s&w. Looking forward to getting it installed on my gun.

Joel, I think you should have the magwell Monday. It went out Friday afternoon.

• 1 year later...

.Greetings...I apologize for taking so long to come back up on the net...I'm in the military and have been away for a some time and I am finally able to come up for air

I do still build base pads for the P226 and they increase your mags to 17 rounds of .40 and 23 in 9mm with the stock follower and my spring follower kit will increase capacity by 1 more round

I know there were some people looking for my pads, but I just wasn't able to make contact

once again, I am sorry to have taken so long to come back up

Very Respectfully

Roger

prairiedawgshooter@msn.com