Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Ever GM classifier and a new experience

Today I shot CM99-49 Speed-E-Standards at what should come out to a 95.6 percent :D I was nearly jumping with joy as I am currently classified at 61% in limited and around 70% in Production, It has been a year since I've shot a classifier anywhere near my ability or much USPSA really.

The real difference wasn't in skill it was my attitude. the stage before i placed in the top 5 I'm sure as my time was in the 14's , one mike but the best limited run was over 2 seconds slower from what the RO's told me.

WHat won't be the same... me hopefully both times i ran a mental program as per Lanny Bassham's book "with winning in mind" and i did exactly what i saidi was going to do the way i wanted to do it!!!!

Way cool. I remember the first time I shot a really good score and along came the USPSA flagging system. Rained on my parade big time. If you want the score to count you might consider calling Val at USPSA before they run the update. Way to go and many more.

Shooting a Para P16 40 in limited, new aftec extractor is making me fall in love, and probabally selling many more for them!!! gun has worked flawlessly for a little over 500 rounds now.. only shooter errors.

Bob, great meeting you too.. although that stage you saw me shoot was ugly, i sure am glad i reloaded before i engaged that swinger the mag was EMPTY with one in the chamber. lack of front sight focus and no mental program on that one.

part of my affirmation statement (probabally incorrect verbage there) "I am an IPSC GM and I shoot like one every time I'm on the line" also take a couple of deep breaths, tell myself my plan is the best way tod o it. and then i kind of said what time i was going to do the stage in.

wierd thing is is i can't remember much about shooting just kind of like i was watching what was going on with very little control... to confess i have been practicing plate racks (paper dry fire plates) this past week a good bit i'm sure that helped.

the greatest thing about this to me was that i proved i could to myself, this is motivation to practice even harder.