Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Bullet 170gr w WST or N320

svsup3r

I've been looking for some loading data for the PB 170gr with WST an N320. I'm just using this for plinking to shoot out of my glocks and sigs. OAL will be 1.135. Anyone have some decent loading data? I tried the search function but couldn't come up with anything to really help.

TIA

I load Missouri 170gr LSWC in 40 with 4.8gr WST at 1.170 OAL or so.

[/quote/

I loaded a few rounds with 4.5gr of WST with an OAL of 1.140. I didn't have my chrono with me, but shot great out of my 229 and G22.

What gun are you using?

I tried Laser Cast 170 gr LSWC at 1.170 (from their manual) in my Para P16 and a third of them wouldn't plunk in my barrel gauge.

I found if I gave those rounds a twist of steel wool while squeezing the shoulder they would chamber and run fine - most accurate load I've found in .40 but too labor intensive. Just bought some Missouri 170 gr LSWC and have run into the same problem.

Do I need to go a little or a lot shorter?

What gun are you using?

I tried Laser Cast 170 gr LSWC at 1.170 (from their manual) in my Para P16 and a third of them wouldn't plunk in my barrel gauge.

I found if I gave those rounds a twist of steel wool while squeezing the shoulder they would chamber and run fine - most accurate load I've found in .40 but too labor intensive. Just bought some Missouri 170 gr LSWC and have run into the same problem.

Do I need to go a little or a lot shorter?

I haven't had any trouble at 1.24" OAL with lead alloy 155gr bullets (West Coast Bullets), 155 jacketed hollowpoints (Remington), 180 gr lead alloy (Hardcast Bullet Company) or 180gr jacketed hollowpoints (Hornaday) in my .40 S&W Tanfoglio/EAA Witness Elite Match (with 10mm mags). I haven't tried the 170gr semi-wadcutters from Missouri Bullet Company (although I ordered some recently).

Edited by jmbaccolyte

Put about 4.0 - 4.2 grains of WST behind those bullets loaded to 1.13 for a nice load that should not have any trouble functioning a stock Glock or Sig. It will be below a major PF but you are just looking for a plinking load, and it will be safe!

Mike