Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Checked FAQ, What mags fit Armscor / Rock Island 1911A2 Double Stack F

KSwift

I did check the FAQ regarding double stack 1911 frame/mag compatibility, and Armscor / Rock Island isn't listed.

Anybody know what platform they used for their 1911A2 style guns?

I just picked up an old early Armscor 1911A2 and it only came with 1 13-rd mag.

At first glance I'm thinking Para, but not sure...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess there's some clarification needed, Mecgar made mags for the Para pistols will drop free in a RIA. The mags that I've used marked 'made in Canada' which I believe are what Para provides with new pistols don't drop free. This is true for my doublestack .45 RIA and my 9mm one too.

I guess there's some clarification needed, Mecgar made mags for the Para pistols will drop free in a RIA. The mags that I've used marked 'made in Canada' which I believe are what Para provides with new pistols don't drop free. This is true for my doublestack .45 RIA and my 9mm one too.

The "Made in Canada" is no more (unless you happen upon some used mags). Para relocated to North Carolina two plus years ago, I don't think they are making their own magazines any more (hardly anyone does). MecGar is the OEM mfg currently for Para, RIA and a large majority of firearms makers.

Para P18 'made in Canada' marked mag from CDNN

Para18OEM.gif

Para 18 Mecgar Mag from Greg C

Para18_Mecgar.jpg

As mentioned earlier, the 'made in Canada' marked Para mags won't drop free from either of my doublestack RIA .45 or 9mm pistols. The Mecgar mag in the second picture will. I don't know what style mag the new Para's are shipping with, or if they will work with the RIAs.