Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SR9 accuracy?

1911aow

So I have decided to get a Ruger SR9 as a daily carry piece. I like the platform and ergonomics and it just plain fits my hand better than the any of my Glocks. It appears that the initial problems have been fixed and that the guns are holding up well.

The SR9 will be mainly used as my daily CCW, but will also be used at the occasional club match to keep me profficient with it. I mainly shoot 1911's and CZ's and have become spoiled with the accuracy. I had a look at the M&P, but am worried about the lack luster accuracy reports and wasnt at all impressed with the accuracy of the 2 M&P's I test fired.

What sized groups have you achieved with the SR9 at 25 yrds? 7 and 10 yards dont mean all that much to me as just about anything can hold a group at that distance. I am a stickler for accuracy and want the gun, especially my carry gun, to be as accurate as possible. And yes, I do believe that you can have an accurate gun without comprimising on reliabilty. (My match guns can easily hold 2" or less@25yrds and are super reliable).

As a side note, how does the SA XD(m) 4.5 compare?

Thanks for your replies!

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, more than a hundred views and no answers?!? Come on guys, throw me a friggin bone here! :wacko:

ANYBODY got anything to say about this things accuracy? Or should I take this as a sign.... :ph34r:

Any info will be appreciated :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've *heard* (just heard) that the latest iterations of the regular SR9 have the same trigger that has traditionally come on the SR9c.

FWIW, I've fired a few boxes of ammo out of a rental SR9 and really liked it. No complaints on the trigger or accuracy. I shoot an M&P 9L in USPSA production, but overall being more of a Ruger guy, if the SR9 came in a 5" barrel version that omitted the mag disconnect and LCI, I'd be shooting one right now.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the latest version with the new trigger and I liked it a lot. It ran flawlessly and the accuracy was better than my Glock 17 off the bench at 15 yards even with the much worse stock Ruger sights, as my Glock has Warren Sevigny sights.

I also liked the trigger better on the Ruger. However, the lack of aftermarket parts and the shorter barrel caused me to sell it as I am primarily a competitive shooter. But I think it would make a nice CCW gun.