Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

in building a limited (9mm)

Travis224

Ive gone only this far with my m&p because i know that with changing to a comped barrel and red dot sight, i can go full open. Before i do that though, what do i shoot my gun in to get the trigger time before jumping into full open class?

Limited division, minor scoring with mags that measure 141.25 mm (140mm exact for ipsc).

Limited 10 division, minor scoring with mags that measure 141.25 mm (140mm exact for ipsc). Max 10 rounds in mag

Production division, minor scoring (same scoring for all that's shooting production) 10 rounds max, gun fits in box with mag installed

Remember, you can always shoot in Open...may not be as competitive as you would like but shooting Open now is still an option. This may be a good idea in the fact that you can see how you do without the comp and dot as a baseline and then see the improvement (hopefully) with the additional equipment. Good luck, Open is a blast!!

Thanks! Im new to competing and the rules are numerous so i thought it would be easier to just ask.

Yeah, no problem brother, that's what we are here for. The main thing is to be safe and have fun. So what if you miss a rule or two and get a procedure, just be safe and have fun. If you read the CoF (course of fire) closely and watch some of the more seasoned vets run through the courses, you should be fine. Just don't try to do too much too fast. Take it slow, get your hits, be trigger and muzzle conscience and you'll be fine. Learning the rules takes a while but the basics are usually spelled out for you so good luck!

Please don't take this the wrong way, everyone here will try to answer a sincere question. If you have a rulebook go there first, if you don't download it off the USPSA site then read it. It really is your friend!! It will keep you out of trouble in many ways. If you read it and have a question then come here for verification, if you were wrong then someone will point you in the right direction. If you were correct in what you thought you read you will get verification there also. I have been a RO for two years and still go back to double check myself regularly.

Good Luck

Mildot

• 1 month later...