Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

......Coming off a long layout....

Signed up for my first club level match in YEARS. It is just a club level/weekly match, but it is the first one I've shot after about a 4 year USPSA layoff. I'm just about giddy.

I can't wait, I pulled out the gear and been going through it (gonna have to make some changes as apparently I've eaten a little too good the least few years). Fortunately, I have a couple great places to turn for gear locally as Shooter's Connection is local to me as well as Bud's.

Can't wait till Thursday.

Byron

Welcome back.

My layoff was so long I had to give my belt to my son.

Good thing the gun still fit my hand

Retread

Even my "skinny" belt would wrap around any one of my daughters a couple times. However, if I use that belt, I'm pretty sure I could use it to wrap around all 3 at once when they get too rowdy.

Hmmm,,,,,that belt may have additional use after all. :-) Just kidding,,,,,,the chances of getting them all to stand still together long enough are pretty slim.

• 3 weeks later...

I have shot our local IDPA match the last two months, (May,June) after a 14 month lay off. I forgot how much fun not only the shooting is, but getting to see a bunch of old squad buddies as well. I did manage to tromp CDP class, and finish fifth overall at both matches! That was was pretty fun too. Good luck to all, and have FUN!

Welcome back.

My layoff was so long I had to give my belt to my son.

Good thing the gun still fit my hand

Retread

Even my "skinny" belt would wrap around any one of my daughters a couple times. However, if I use that belt, I'm pretty sure I could use it to wrap around all 3 at once when they get too rowdy.

Hmmm,,,,,that belt may have additional use after all. :-) Just kidding,,,,,,the chances of getting them all to stand still together long enough are pretty slim.

I hope you can convince the girls to get to the range with you some day soon.

So far my youngest daughter has some

Interest but the early hours of the matches take her out of the running. Apparently at 23 late nights and parties are funner then shooting on Saturday mornings. Who knew?

• 1 month later...