Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 barrel in Glock 22 in Limited

MrVvrroomm

Can a Glock 35 (longer barrel) be used in a Glock 22 in Limited and Lim-10?

Appendix D2

21 Authorized modifications

•Replacement barrels – provided they are the same length as original

factory standard.

--then--

Special conditions:

— Any complete handgun or components with a minimum production of 500

units by a factory and available to the general public.

I am running a Gen4 Glock 22 with a longer Glock 35 barrel. Is this legal in USPSA Limited and Lim-10?

Thanks!

This is just a wild idea: if you had one of those Salient Arms Glocks sticking on a longer barrel might be legal. I'm only basing that on the analogy that custom 2011's with a 6" barrel is usually considered legal for Limited and Limited 10.

This is just a wild idea: if you had one of those Salient Arms Glocks sticking on a longer barrel might be legal. I'm only basing that on the analogy that custom 2011's with a 6" barrel is usually considered legal for Limited and Limited 10.

Those 6" 2011's also have a 6" slide.

Those 6" 2011's also have a 6" slide.

And why would that make a difference. I don't see a rule for Limited that says the barrel and slide lengths must match up. (Granted, most commercial gun manufacturers sell guns where slides and barrels have matching lengths because of the aesthetics.) The point I was trying to make though was that has a complete 6" 2011 ever been submitted for DNROI approval? Or if not a complete 6" 2011, has at least the 6" barrel and slide been submitted for approval to fall in the 500 units requirements for components? Is there a Front Sight article that notes this approval?

If there is no official approval, are RM's just accepting these as "valid" variants for a 2011? And if RM's are just accepting these as acceptable variants, why is G22 with a G35 barrel suddenly not acceptable? Is it because it looks too weird, while a 6" 2011 with all kinds of slide cuts looks sexy?