Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting for match scores to be posted!!!

TDean

I'm waiting too TDean!  I wanna see how I faired to Travis on a few stages and would like to look over the match numbers to get some ideas!

Hey Travis, when are ya going to put on another clinic and show us B Class shooters what it takes to make it to A class (or above)? :-)

Hell, I'd like to compare myself shooting Limited against Travis shooting Lim-10.  Some of those stages were pretty long with plenty of room for reloads so.........

I consider analizing the stages key to learning what your strengths and weakness are.  The match IS NOT COMPLETE until the scores are viewable by the competitors!  This should be accomplished via email, or club website as soon as possible.

Now I suppose that I could've asked for copies of every stage and every division, but who the hell does that.  Especially in this hi-tech communications age.......

Just think.....almost 100 competitors are waiting on one person to "find time ".....

God I love this What I Hate forum!!

I can't help TDean, but I *would* like to nominate our club secretary for sainthood.  Our stage results are ready for distribution right at the match - right after teardown.  ALWAYS.  Then, of course she also mails everyone copies within 2-3 days as well.  There is no doubt, we have it good here in Webfoot country.

Mary, you're a peach!

Hi Steven!

I’ll let you know if I can get another local clinic going. Thank you for asking!

I wish I would have tried L-10 along time ago; it puts the fun back into shooting. For me it’s much more challenging, and it’s amazing how each round becomes absolutely essential (those 10-12 round positions really make you get creative too ;) ). Limited 10 rocks!!

Not to mention, as a person with small hands, there is nothing that fits as good as a single stack.

Take care,

Travis

How about this.  Our club shot Sat and the results were just posted.  But...Mine are from the 2nd shoot (reshoot) not the main division, L10, that I shoot.

LOL.  The Pres and VP's are screwed up too.  Guess it will get straighted out now.

In reality it is probably our own fault.  I don't believe we have a suitable way to designate which is which.  Not to mention the way the scoring software works.

We have a board meeting tonight.  Guess I'll bring it up as new business.

But I sure would have like to of had my L10 scores.:(

Joe

Quote: from TravisT on 1:18 pm on June 20, 2002

Hi Steven!

I’ll let you know if I can get another local clinic going. Thank you for asking!

Cool as I think Rick B. would also be interested in doing it.  

I wish I would have tried L-10 along time ago; it puts the fun back into shooting. For me it’s much more challenging, and it’s amazing how each round becomes absolutely essential (those 10-12 round positions really make you get creative too ). Limited 10 rocks!!

...oh Great! Travis has discovered Limited 10...we're screwed! :-)  

No seriously, its a lot of fun and your right, you (or at least I) really need to anaylze things more (each round counts more) and you (or again I) don't have the luxury of missing...so the shots count more.

Not to mention, as a person with small hands, there is nothing that fits as good as a single stack.

Take care,

Travis

yeah, I've just got something for single stacks...more fun to me the shooting a widebody blaster...L10 makes you think more.  I've had people joke about me "surveying" a COF trying to figure out where I'll do a reload..where I'll engage targets, what order I'll engage then, etc.  Those same people shoot either Limited/Open..they don't have to worry about round count!

Take care Travis...looking forward to shooting with you again...perhaps Renton this weekend?

(Edited by Steven Zopfi at 4:01 pm on June 20, 2002)

An interesting observation on Lim-10 from an RO who watched Rob at Area 1.

"the gun never stopped firing...he just kept feeding the damn things mags every few seconds.."

I think Bruce Gary said that Rob's Lim-10 scores for the match ended up beating the  #1 Limited shooter!

I've had people joke about me "surveying" a COF trying to figure out where I'll do a reload..where I'll engage targets, what order I'll engage then, etc.  Those same people shoot either Limited/Open..they don't have to worry about round count!

That is totally the truth! I’m right there with you on surveying the courses. It really adds another dimension to programming and doping the stage. I felt like I was starting to hold things up, so I would just go seat-of the-pants ;)

Thanks Steven, hope to see you on the range!

Travis

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is a couple weeks old but I just have to get this off my chest. I'VE BEEN WAITING 16 DAYS NOW FOR SCORES TO BE POSTED...  Thanks, I feel berrer now.