Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hatfields & McCoys

The wife and I enjoyed watching the mini series. Kevin Costner was the perfect choice to carry the show IMHO. As far as accuracy is concerned, I noticed the "Z framed" entry door to the McCoy cabin was hinged the wrong way. :rolleyes:

I found myself getting real frustrated with the mindset and not being able to really put myself in their shoes. I have a hard time imagining what it was like to have to make those kind of decisions and live with the consequences. Of course I don't drink grain alcohol from wake to slumber either... that might have something to do with it.

You don't/didn't live in that time either. Men hardened by years of civil war, , military prison camp, men used to taking the law into their own hands, etc. They had a vastly different mindset than what we have today. I'll bet there are places in other countries, especially "tribal" locales like the mideast and Africa, where feuds still happen. Maybe Sicily, too. Think "The Godfather" mentality.

I'm happy we don't speak English like they did. A few of Randall's diatribes forced me to rewind and listen again to figure out what he was saying/meaning.