Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2004

To all:

30 days until first shot-Please look at the website for new updates on the "Precision Sidematch"

www.trm3g.homestead.com

Match is comming together nicely-Prizes are pouring in and stages are finalized.

We are almost 3/4 full and applications are still comming in, so if you miss this one we will see you on 2005.

Hope to see you there

RM3G

• 3 weeks later...

Got my confirmation. Plane is booked. Ammo is shipped. Bags are starting to get packed. Got a couple of questions to those that have been.

What are the stages like?

Is there a lot of knockdown shotgun steel?

Are there whirly gigs, texas stars, bobbing clays, that sort of stuff?

What's the range on the rifle targets?

Are there moving pistol targets?

Do the fellas out there like really long pistol shots?

Any other hints, tid-bits and info you JPRM 3-gun veterans can pass along to a first timer?

Be good at everything!

Be prepared to run and crawl. Be prepared to move smoothly and safely with your weapon in and around and over obstacles. Their stages are very physical and the altitude is around 7000 feet.

Be extra prepared to shoot your rifle out to 400. A shooting sling (ching or VTAC) is a good idea. Be prepared to use field expiedent rests like rocks and trees.

Lots of steel to knock down with shotguns.

I don't remember them having a mover pistol target but you never know, maybe Jimmy will run around holding up an IPSC target. Most of the pistol shots are inside of 15 yards. Long pistol shots are possible though.

What KellyN said plus they seem to like small low ports and long courses of fire with lots of movement and several ways to shoot. Sounds fun doesn't it. Bring ample shotgun shell carriers I think there was one with 38 shots minimum last year. Rain gear might be in order also as its been raining in the area if my radar is correct. You may not shoot in a bermed area lots of open ground, but they may have you running over the berm down the other side and up the next one. Might shoot out of a grounded helicopter ie: weak hand rifle. They have had a whole year to dream stuff up, I'm sure it will be interesting! LOL Keith

Zak,

Great report and piccys ! I have read it twice !

Myself and Barry S are coming out from the UK to shoot and help out with the comp and having never done 3 gun before this will be a fantastic week ! See you in NM :D

Wow Zak, thanks for all the info!

7000 feet! Yikes! I've spent the last 25 years of my life in the sub-tropical Sunshinne State at 4 feet. Is there such a thing as oxygen vitamins? Dont want to get all light headed and be runnin around with loaded guns ya know.

This sounds like it's going to be one heck of a good time. Can't wait.

KellyN and Bronco are correct on the stages and movement-There will not be any movers , maybe a swinger or two.

I have seen the stages and they are all 100% and should the most fun you have had all summer...............shooting that is.

The Prizes are still streaming in and the match is still filling up-I would recommend rain gear-You will be shooting rain or shine.

Hope to see you all there.

RM3G

STILL ROOM LEFT................GET THOSE APPLICATIONS IN!

Eric tells me that my post sounds too mean and "Bossy" :(

SO.....................The prize table is around "$54 Large"

The onsite food vendor assures me that they will be onsite for breakfast and lunch.

We went over the stages this past weekend and everything looks great.

DON'T FORGET about the "Precision Side Match" and the Machinegun Side Match.

See you there,

RM3G