Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two time looser

Sgt Rock

I guess that would depend on your point of view. Is it two time loser, or a second chance at sanity? Been there and done that. I chose the freedom. Good thing is Rock, I found someone that agrees with the philosophy that I live by. Life is too short to give a damn about the small things and good soldiers never die, they just go to hell and regroup. Sound familiar? There is a lot of meaning behind those words. Reread them till your heart's content. When you smile, you know.

(Edited by Hardball at 10:49 pm on July 16, 2002)

SgtRock,

Man I am sorry to hear about that.  I know that alone does not help out a whole lot but when you are ready to return let me know and you can have my full attention for a day or two.  Just you and I on the range, we'll get you back up to speed.  Hang in there though, there is always tomorrow.

Sarge, the few words of your post really jumped out at me.  I guess it's because this Friday will mark 20 years of marrage for my wife and I.  The odds were against us from the very start.  They're still against us.  Everyday is still on the razors edge.  Back to back, we both have to face the the stresses that would rip us apart.   Looking back over the years, I realize just how easily everything could have fallen apart, so many times.   There are so many things in all of our lives that could have turned out different.........  But, for whatever reason they didn't.

I look back at my early adulthood when I could have easily ended up in prison, and a near fatal scooter crash, that by all rights, should have left me dead or paralized.  All this time knowing I don't have any right to live like I live today.  I wonder " Why me?"  But then, "why not me?"   I know that all things end at sometime.  We divorce, we get sick, our kids grow up,....... most certainly, we change.

I guess my point in all of this is that a divorce or two doesn't make you a loser.  It just makes you a human, Bro.  Just a sad, happy, frustrated, confused, human........ like the rest of us.  

Paul, do you remember a song by Paul Overstreet that hit the country music charts a few years back, "There, but for the grace of God, go I"?  The first time I remember hearing it on the radio, I was driving across the vast emptyness of the country in live in, going to my "good" job in a new company-provided truck.  I just sat there mesmerized, listening intently, staring down the road.  When the song was over, i realized that my hands were shaking on the wheel and my eyes had filled with tears.

Not one of my "John Wayne" moments at all, I'm sure glad I was by myself.   I'd better shut up now, you guy's will think I'm a real wuss.   :)

-Sam

Sam,

Not a wuss at all, more of a man than most by being able to admit you are human and have feelings.  I tell you life is a continuous lesson, some good, some bad, some in between.  I am divorced and that was the hardest thing I have ever been through.  But I learned so much about myslef, about other people and about life in general.  My living motto right now in life is "Day by Day, step by Step".  Tomorrow is a new day with new challenges and all I can do is be the best I can today.  In shooting you step up to the line and do the best you can right here, right now.  That is all you can ask yourself to do.  Is it the very best you can do, or is it the best you have ever done, probably not, but it was the best you could at that very moment.  Same in life, all you can ask of yourself is to do the best you can day by day.  With every situation you will try your hardest, it may not be your best, but you will try and that is all you can ask of yourself.  This motto and mindset has taken me very far thus far.  I am not bragging at all but I have reached a level in shooting that I never dreamed of (Gm @ 97.555%), it just happened and it was because I lived this motto.  I do the best I can and that is all I can ask of myself.  You have to give yourself a break sometimes.   But I also have some very low clssifications listed.  If you look up my USPSA number I have an 8%, some 30%, these are very low.  But i am not bothered what-so-ever by them, because I know I tried, I just did not have it that day and was going through a burned out stage.  I know this has become very long winded, just letting it all hang out.