Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Car needs work 5 days after warranty expires

al503

Bought my car exactly 6 years and 5 days ago. About 18 months in, it developed an intermittent rattle noise right at start up. It was a widespread issue and the manufacturer issued a TSB with a fix. Took it in, got it fixed and all was well until a couple of days ago when I thought (but wasn't 100% sure) I heard it again. Well, the noise is back and now I'm out of the 6 year powertrain warranty by five freakin' days.

Whaddya gonna do?

If you have a good relationship with the dealer, most of them have what Ford called an AWA(after warranty adjustment) where the company and or dealer will share costs. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Ouch... I feel your pain man. Back in February we had the exact same thing. Car was paid off, warranty expired, then two weeks later the motor seized and died. Dead motor and front end work totaling over $5K meant a new car was in the works and my plans for getting a new Production pistol were put off until next season, haha.

Thanks for the advice. I'm have a call in to the Service Manager to give me a call back.

I understand that the warranty is expired and that they have upheld their obligation that we agreed upon. Can't hurt to ask since it seems as though there are others (went on the car board and searched) going through the same thing.

I had a transmission issue go out on my last one around the 120k mile mark. It had been doing it a while especially when driven some and got warmed up. They never did diagnosis it driving it around the block. I attepted to take it into them. Well the end result was since I was staring like a hawk at the gauge, the tow truck driver took it the last few miles and dropped it off on their property with 119,998 miles on a 120k transmission warranty.