Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Modified/Open" CZ

carbon9

I have a Shadow top end sitting around as I doubt I will ever shoot Production again and I want to do something fun with it instead of selling it.....

I have a couple of directions I would be happy to follow.

1. 9mm Open top end, I am thinking CTS barrel cut so it will work with the lower and also threaded for a comp or would I be better off going with a cone attached comp? If threaded properly I could possibly run a suppressor at times. Of course the CTS barrel would be fitted for the Shadow upper as well. Slide mounted Deltapoint or I could frame mount it if necessary. Slide lightened as/if needed.

2. This is what I really want to do.... A 9mm "IPSC Modified Division" upper. Yes, I know it is a defunct division and 9mm would be Minor in a defunct division. However, I always liked the way Modified guns looked and they fascinate me. I would use it for a local Tuesday Night Steel match in Open division or in 3 Gun Open. I am thinking the sooner the better for a Modified gun before the few smiths that know how to build them "forget" how :blush:

The hard part is going to be finding a shop or smith interested enough to build this. I know this project may have a steep learning curve for all involved, no biggie, I'm not doing anything with this upper anyways. This is what I want and I do realize this may be a first or one of a kind project for the smith that takes this on and being a CZ I may be a Guinea Pig and possibly end up with a piece of scrap metal. I am willing to take the chance.

The way I see it, higher capacity magazines for CZs seem to finally be sorting themselves out and it is only a matter of time until somebody starts doing CZ Open guns, aside from the CzechMate. We have already seen a few over the years. Let's get this party started.

Please, let me know what shop or smith you think would do this. If you are a shop/smith and interested, let me know. Feel free to throw your own ideas, suggestion, changes and experiences at me as well. Please post pics or links if you have them.

Thank you,

g

:cheers:

PS- I have zero interest in a 2011 style race gun as I simply don't like the ergonomics/slide to frame ratio and a few other things. I vastly prefer the CZ ergos.

Here is my CZ 75 SA that my Smith built for me,pic does not show magwell and I changed grips to thin aluminum with grip tape.

I have been using it for open in minor,but was built for steel.This CZ runs flawlessly.

Here are some pics I posted a while back scroll down the page to see them

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124489

Edited by Big Dog Howie

Wow!!! Very Nice. :cheers: I'd love to see current pics. If you don't mind letting me know who your smith is I would appreciate it.

Sorry I have not been on the forum for a week,my gunsmith is Jimmy Vindanes

e mail him at kadilakjim@aol.com

I think those are the most current pictures except the grips are CZ thin aluminum(short)with grip tape and CZ magwell

Edited by Big Dog Howie