Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor RZR red dot

AlamoShooter

OK I admit it rite off the bat "I Gotta Fever For MOre~a Vortex!"

I just opened up the new Razor red dot, The same one that Jerry Miculek is using with his prototype 1-6

The first thing I like is that you can set the power intensity on the dot ( up & down)

The second thing is Like all things Razor, The glass is clear and sharp edge to edge. The dot does not move off target when you let your eye move the dot across the lens side to side top or bottom. it stayed on the 100yard target with the unit set unmoving on a table.

When held at arms length and move across the large print on my safe, I got no distortion from the lens even at the sides.

I think the Target market was for Rifle side optics on Open class Rifles. But this will be a great all round unit

This one is going on one of my S&W mod 41 barrels for STC. I plan to give it a work out this weekend.

Jamie

photos to follow of the dot , but this is vortex page http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/razor_red_dot

Edited by AlamoShooter

Looks pretty sweet, Jamie.

But with a MSRP of $599 :surprise: ,... does it come with one of "dem thar Miculeks"???

yep its high Dollar it can be had at a lower price http://swfa.com/Vortex-Razor-Red-Dot-Sights-C4137.aspx

Being able to power it high or low is a big +

That page shows some of the mount options too

it looks like SWFA is takeing order on the 1-6 too :blink:

Edited by AlamoShooter

I got some time on the Razor Red Dot this weekend and more time on the Strike-Fire Both optics are competing for my attention at a precision shooting game. -Sportsman's Team Challenge- The speed portion of the handgun relay is shot on 24 target holes in a ten +two bank of 4" holes with a knock down plate behind and a ten + two hole bank of 6" targets all shot after a 21 yard sprint to reach the unloaded gun with only 6 rounds allowed in each mag =every thing on the table.

I have shot this for years with a C-More and the Nationals are just a few weeks off.

The Vortex Red dot won me over the first try and the C-more staying off my match gun

shooting it at 45 and 50 yards I can see a bit of distortion at the edges of the lens, but nothing near what I saw on other similar optic red dots. The lens has a slight tint causing the area out side the lens to be less -Green- but nothing I can see as a problem after shooting target on black -blue,and Green back ground paint.

Being able to adjust the brightness of the dot is a real winner. the one I have is a true 6 min dot. and holding on 6 targets at 90 yards is quick and easy. I also shot it just a bit at 75 and 90 yards with the rim fire handgun ,and I can see that using it on a rifle for shots at 6" out to 100 yards would not be a problem for this scope.

It sighted in quick and did not move point of aim after engaging the "lock" like some of the ultra small dots do.

The Strike-Fire is winner on my other barrel for small targets consistently hitting on 4 targets holes at 45- 50 and 60 yards.

Both Thea's make it easy for me to recommend.

And before you guys ask , I still don't have any hands on with the Spark red dot.

Edited by AlamoShooter