Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me to not DQ again!

I will definitely also put some grip tape or something on the frame where I can index my finger too.

If you are shooting USPSA Production division, grip tape forward on the frame is not within the diagram of permitted grip tape locations so I believe would not meet Production Division requirments. (appendix E4)

Eric

True, then you would find yourself in Open. Glad you mentioned this because when I read it, that was the first thing that came to mind.

• 3 weeks later...

We teach "muzzle into the berm" as a safety mantra in our club's safety course. Lumpy Gravy's idea is also used - a string tied to the muzzle with the other end fixed to a safe bullet impact point in the middle of the berm.

Maybe you've seen the "You know you're a shooter when..." thread in Humor? There must be at least a half dozen comments on folks realizing they keep their trigger fingers off of whatever tool they have in hand, even if its lightyears from being a firearm. You could cultivate the same when off the range. Be it a drill, hairdryer, TV remote or even just a pencil, get in the habit of consciously taking the finger off whatever activates what you are holding and place it in a "safe", nonactivating position. With enough repetition, it will become an automatic unconscious habit that will carry over when you are shooting.

You are already emphasizing the safety first attitude. Keep up the good work!

Haha I do this with my computer mouse sometimes! My trigger finger position when moving is pull the trigger finger off of the trigger and extend it straight out as far from the gun as possible (not straining, but clearly out of the guard).

Also, I have seen the same issue as the OP with a number of guys with SP-01's - fantastic Production gun here in NZ but maybe CZ should add a decocking lever!

• 1 month later...
Also, I have seen the same issue as the OP with a number of guys with SP-01's - fantastic Production gun here in NZ but maybe CZ should add a decocking lever!

It really gives me the heebie jeebies to watch those get decocked during LAMR. I know it's a mental thing but man it bugs me, lol.

:blink: