Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 NRA Bianchi Cup - Action Pistol National's

BigDave

Well, it is never too early to start planning. In November of this year, the entry form for the 2004 'Cup will be available on-line.

2005 NRA Bianchi Cup - National Action Pistol Championships

May 25 - 28, 2005

Green Valley Rifle & Pistol Club, Columbia, Missouri

Here is the link:

2005 NRA Bianchi Cup Information Website

Here is some additional information for those of you who prefer one stop shopping.

Rudy Dufour

Program Coordinator - Action Pistol

703-267-1478 or

800-672-3888 ext. 1478

Bianchicup@nrahq.org

Dave I am really interested in going next year. I just have to finish putting my gun together. But before I can do that I need to know about the rules for shrouds etc.

I hope to shoot some local events later this year.

BTW buildign a .45 comp gun using 155gr bullets. Bigger hole = easier to break scoring lines.

Bob - there used to be a camp in archery crowd that subscribed to the same logic. We called those big arrows "line cutters". As long as they fly (esp. at 50), it sounds like one hell of an idea.

You might send a note to Rudy and try to get that info. If they make any more changes, all I hope is that they do a better job communicating the change (time and message).

I am actually using my old bullseye comp gun and just modifying it, shoud ambi safety magwell, higher gripsafety.

It punces about 1.5" at 50 yds.

I used to do the same thing in archery.

I know. It just kinda sucks not being able to finish the gun until then.

Oh well, then they wonder why people don't go. Based on them not deciding till then it will kill practice time etc. Around here much after october is not outdoors time. Can't really do much outside till april so that gives me one month to practice with a new gun. Don't see that happening.

May not go again next year. Costs too much for one month of practice with a new gun. Someone should relay this message to the people wanting to change the rules.

BTW buildign a .45 comp gun using 155gr bullets. Bigger hole = easier to break scoring lines.

That's exactly what the 1994? European Champion did, he was called Peter Paul Ploner (I think).

There's certainly no doubting the accuracy of the .45 and it didn't seem to cause him any problems with recoil etc, as the time limits are fairly generous anyway.

Hopefully I'll make it in '05, but may need to see if I can borrow a gun, I'm sure somebody will lend me one (Eddie??) :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...