Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well pump just died.

GrumpyOne

So, at 6pm, est, I turned on the kitchen sink, to wash my hands, and all that comes out is the sound of sucking air. First thought, tripped breaker....nope. second thought, bad pressure sensor....nope. Third thought, well ran dry.....thank God, I don't think so. So I bypass the capacitors in the well motor start box, still nothing..... Think the brushes went bad in the well pump motor, as no sound, nothing at all coming from the well.

In ground pump, so I can't do anything with it. Called a 24 hour well pump repair, they'll be out at 8:00......Tomorrow morning!

So I'm flushing toilets and bathing with hot tub water.....and I have a match tomorrow morning.

Mine is 800' down.... Already done one in 5 yrs. What a PITA.....

My sympathy....

Wow.. 800 feet, my well is 110 feet.

GrumpyOne best of luck with the new pump.

Edited by birdzman

Sometimes my pump quits too and I have to go out and push the rest switch on the pump control box and hold the pressure switch until the pressure builds up. I know that here in fla. sometimes the ants will get across the contacts and cause the pump not to work. Hope that it is something not expensive to fix. We sure could use more rain.

you should probably get a spare capacitor. if you don't have a multimeter that can check caps, they you can usually tell a bad one since it swelled up or has leaked a white almost tooth paste looking fluid.

I'm an electronic technician..... ;)