Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED7000 pro

After 4 years of great service, my CED7000 died yesterday when it was dropped. So, I'm in the market for a new timer. The CED7000 Pro looks promising and I'd love to score practice sessions. For those of you who have one, does it work like you thought it would and was it worth the extra coin?

Thanks,

Trace

And before someone asks.....I did search the forum before posting this :sight:

If you setup everything on your computer (competitors, stages, squads....), then download it to the timer, things are pretty good, but if try to setup that stuff via the actual timer, well you're better off shooting yourself in the foot, alot less painful. Once everything is setup scoring is easy.

So to answer your question, yes it is everything I figured it would be, but is it worth the extra $$$ for the extra features, not sure, since you can download PractiScore to your iPhone or Android device for free and do your scoring that way.

I love mine, I love the improvements to the screen, the added features, plus the ability to upgrade the firmware for new features down the road. I am hoping to start using the match scoring part but haven't done it yet. Was it worth the extra money ... unsure.gif Still not sure yet but I wouldn't sell it or get rid of it either.

I have one but haven't got a chance to use it too much just yet. So far, I like it well enough. I mainly use it for dry fire practice right now. The only feature I wish it had was a continuous repeat feature of some sort when using the par feature. Say I want to practice a particular dry fire drill 40-50 times @ a par time of 1.2 seconds. I'd love to be able to set the par time @ 1.2sec, with a 5-10sec random delay time before it starts again. The timer has an Auto par feature where you can set up to 20 par times with a selectable delay in between each, but it takes forever to set.

• 4 weeks later...