Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Czechmate major loads

jay5348

I just got my new Czechmate about a week ago. I'd like to try some major loads with it, but can't find any major load data specific to the Czechmate. Bear with me, as I am a newbie to open guns. According to my local gunsmith, I can determine the max OAL, by dropping a bullet in the barrel and see if it "sticks" on the lands. The max OAL that doesn't "stick" is 1.141, which appears to be shorter than most folks load with S_I guns. I plan on using MG 124 gr. CMJ, and have both Autocomp and n350 powders on hand. Are there any Czechmate owners out there, or anyone can point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated............

Edited by jay5348

I haven't worked up any loads with Autocomp, but loading short OAL 9mm and 9x21 major ammo I have had my best success with HS6 and Longshot. I Am sure others will chime in, but if you don't get many replies, message me and I will give you some data to get you started. I personally recommend HS6. I don't load specifically for a Czechmate, but for small frame Tanfoglio's but results should be similar.

max OAL is 1.141", I plan on using MG 124 gr. CMJ, and have both Autocomp and n350 powders on hand.

I've loaded WAC and 124's to 1.14" and they're fine in my STI TruBor.

Very nice load, as a matter of fact.

Not sure, but I doubt you'd be able to cram enough N350 into the

case without compressing the powder.

:cheers:

I haven't worked up any loads with Autocomp, but loading short OAL 9mm and 9x21 major ammo I have had my best success with HS6 and Longshot. I Am sure others will chime in, but if you don't get many replies, message me and I will give you some data to get you started. I personally recommend HS6. I don't load specifically for a Czechmate, but for small frame Tanfoglio's but results should be similar.

Jody, thanks for the feedback. I have heard a lot about HS6, and will have to look for it around St. Louis. Thanks so much for the offer to get me started, I will message you once I get my reloading setup working.

max OAL is 1.141", I plan on using MG 124 gr. CMJ, and have both Autocomp and n350 powders on hand.

I've loaded WAC and 124's to 1.14" and they're fine in my STI TruBor.

Very nice load, as a matter of fact.

Not sure, but I doubt you'd be able to cram enough N350 into the

case without compressing the powder.

:cheers:

Thanks for the info..........looks like I'll be trying both HS6 and WAC. Very cautiously at first, until I get the hang of it. I got the n350 load idea from Rob at CZ Custom......but I don't know if he runs a compressed load.

I run 124 gr CMJ Montana Golds at 1.165 in mine without any contact with the rifling. Pretty much all 9 major loads are compressed loads. N350 will get you to major in this gun and it is compressed.

I run 124 gr CMJ Montana Golds at 1.165 in mine without any contact with the rifling. Pretty much all 9 major loads are compressed loads. N350 will get you to major in this gun and it is compressed.

Well, I stumped! I put a 1.145 in the barrel and it didn't fully seat. It stuck. I'm assuming that means it contacted the lands......am I doing something wrong?

You need to load to where it hits the lands minus 0.10" to account for fluctuations in OAL and bullet ogive. Try 1.135". Also, changing bullets can sometimes let you load a longer without hitting the rifling.

I'd also gage your rounds to make sure they aren't bulged and sticking in the chamber. An undersized sizing die or a little more crimp might help if you have problems getting your rounds to gage.

Good points. Jay, just to take a few factors out of the equation, buy some new 9mm brass, just in case you do have some that are not sized properly. A U-die is a good idea, but at a minimum, I recommend a standard LEE resizing die.

Jody and Bat.....good information. Thanks to the information on this forum, I had installed a U-die and a Lee FCD, for a major load setup on the Dillon. I'll try new brass, and cook up a few more rounds and see if that makes a difference. I will try the 1.135.

It's all new..........all good, thanks.

I didn't have the barrel reamed on mine to get them to fit. As blind bat states it depends on what bullets you are using. My steel challenge loads with 95gr Montana Gold JHP can only be loaded to 1.047" before they hit the lands. Reaming the barrel is one option if you are set on using a certain type of bullet, however, remember the depth of the magazine will start to limit you as well. The magazine is why I settled on 1.165" for a maximum and didn't go any longer.

I am using AutoComp for 115 CMJ Frontier, 115 JHP Zero, and 124 CMJ Montana gold.

All are loaded at 1.130 OAL. Due to magazine length I don't think you can go much longer than 1.130, so don't think reaming the chamber would get you much.

For the 115's I use 7.4 grains of WAC and got 169pf at the Area 6 chrono. 6.9 grains of WAC and the 124's gives just over 170pf.

In the below video I am using the 115's.

I am using AutoComp for 115 CMJ Frontier, 115 JHP Zero, and 124 CMJ Montana gold.

All are loaded at 1.130 OAL. Due to magazine length I don't think you can go much longer than 1.130, so don't think reaming the chamber would get you much.

For the 115's I use 7.4 grains of WAC and got 169pf at the Area 6 chrono. 6.9 grains of WAC and the 124's gives just over 170pf.

In the below video I am using the 115's.

Great to know you have major working for you in the CM. I'll give your loads a try. At my inexperience level would you suggest I start somewhere less than 6.9 gr. Autocomp and build up to it? Thanks so much........

Great to know you have major working for you in the CM. I'll give your loads a try. At my inexperience level would you suggest I start somewhere less than 6.9 gr. Autocomp and build up to it? Thanks so much........

Since they are the same gun they *should* be very similar in load details. Maybe step down to 6.7, just to be safe. I am showing NO signs of high pressure at 7.4 grains and am using range pickup brass. I do inspect the brass to make sure it is in good shape. Even at 7.4 it is not a compressed load.

Since they are the same gun they *should* be very similar in load details. Maybe step down to 6.7, just to be safe. I am showing NO signs of high pressure at 7.4 grains and am using range pickup brass. I do inspect the brass to make sure it is in good shape. Even at 7.4 it is not a compressed load.

Great, thanks. The Video is super. You and the CM looked in top performance.,..............well done!