Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New S&W Grips

I saw these today on a new S&W revolver and wondered if they were available for sale separately. They are kind of like hard rubber and plastic - not sticky or overly rigid. The cover the blackstrap but but don't have the width or finger grooves of the x frame grips. Anyone tries them?

Lee

f71c9056.jpg

24761791.jpg

I have one set. I haven't got to use them much but so far like them pretty well. It would be good to find an aftermarket source and get more if I decide to change over to them.

I have these on my 617 and really like them, I would like to try a set on 625 but haven't seen any for sale yet(looking for some that someone took off and replaced with something else). I'm not sure they will work because they have a side mounting screw. I tried a set of Pachmayrs and they would not work because the side mounting screw hit the rearched main spring.

If I remember right S&W sells them on their web store but they were very expensive for rubber grips.

I have one set. I haven't got to use them much but so far like them pretty well. It would be good to find an aftermarket source and get more if I decide to change over to them.

Me too. They fit me very well. Sent email to Smith&Wesson and Hogue. Heard nothing back from either of them. They weren't listed on either web site. Hope someone spills the beams on the source soon.

$37 directly from S&W:

Model 500 Impact Absorbing Hogue Square Butt Conversion Grips

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765464_-1_758003_757843_757837_ProductDisplayErrorView_N

I have them on my model 610 and I do recommend them for USPSA/IPSC competition, excellent recoil management, moon clip friendly

I called Smith today an ordered the K/L grips for my 617 - it was $27.75 plus shipping. They had the N frame grips in stock but I think there was some sort of pricing error because they were $64.14 a set. They were going to send off an email to the pricing folks to see if was an error and said try back in a couple of weeks.

Lee

I also noticed when I looked at them yesterday they have a pretty nice recess cut for speed loaders or clips.

24cb58e3.jpg

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

I have those on a 617 that I got a while back. When I saw them in gunbroker I assumed that I would change them out when I got the gun but I really like them now.

I agree that the 500's on a 625 are the tits.

I have those on a 617 that I got a while back. When I saw them in gunbroker I assumed that I would change them out when I got the gun but I really like them now.

I agree that the 500's on a 625 are the tits.

I like the 500s but not as much as these. The 500s seem to increase the reach to the trigger too much and they are for sure wider.

Lee

They were on the 617 I picked up last week.

They look nice.

The grip surface is nice.

But they are too small for my hands. I appreciate that they cover the back strap but they are still too small in diameter for my mitts.

Plus they wiggled fore and aft. I put a thin strip (say 1/8" by 1/2") of double-sided foam in the small cut out area inside the grips up near the top of the grips. That eliminated the wiggle.

They were on the 617 I picked up last week.

They look nice.

The grip surface is nice.

But they are too small for my hands. I appreciate that they cover the back strap but they are still too small in diameter for my mitts.

Plus they wiggled fore and aft. I put a thin strip (say 1/8" by 1/2") of double-sided foam in the small cut out area inside the grips up near the top of the grips. That eliminated the wiggle.

Good info. I didn't notice the wiggle in the couple I picked up but then again I wasn't looking for it. I may wait to see how the K frames work our before ordering the N frame ones. I did like the light hand bias of them - make it seem my thumb has more of a place to go without thinning the grip and they put the web high enough I notice a different contact point on the trigger when I assume the same grip.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

I called Smith today and they said the price was likely correct on the N frame grips. Turns out a grip that is 10% larger is worth to times the price. Does anyone know who might have these in stock or deals in used grips and might have a set?

Lee