Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolff Spring setup for Beretta

Zagmp03

Has anyone put the Wolff spring set in their 92fs? I'm trying to take the stock wiggle out of the trigger as well as make it a little better to shoot, and wanted to see if anyone has had any good luck with it, what they put in, how difficult it was, etc.

As a side note, part of the reason this is happening is to use with USAPSA/SCSA/3gun, so it would have to comply with all those as well. I haven't found anything that says it wouldn't, but input on that would be great too.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one of the standard weight Wolff trigger conversion units, and like it. I've seen a lot of comments about how the standard weight conversion unit seems heavier to them, but I don't really notice a difference.

I installed it myself in a police-surplus pistol which appeared to have been shot a lot. There are videos on the Internet on how to install it. I believe even people without an engineering degree could install it.

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/BERETTA/92,%2096,%20AND%20CENTURION/cID1/mID2/dID36

For me the best spring set up is a Beretta D main spring with a standard recoil spring. I have heard conflicting reports on the Wolff INS trigger spring set up so I have not tried that one. For my vintage 92 Golf I would need to get an all steel trigger.

• 6 months later...

I've been exceptionally pleased with Wolff's Trigger Conversion Unit (TCU) that Wolff developed at the behest of the Border Patrol when their 96D Brigadiers were plagued with broken trigger return springs. I use their reduce power unit, and have run it for over 2 years, including in 2 state IDPA matches in my 92D. The TCU's captured coil spring appears to be significantly more durable then the OEM Beretta one (although Beretta has significantly redesigned and strengthened their spring). I also have switched out the recoil, slide stop, and triggebar springs with Wolff springs; it's actually the triggerbar spring that significantly controls the trigger feel up to the tripping of the hammer. Due to a lengthened leg, the Wolff slide stop/release spring is a bit easier to install then the OEM Beretta spring.

Be aware, however, that you'll need to have the older steel trigger to utilize the TCU; fortunately BUSA is offering a component kit that supplies a steel trigger, trigger return spring, and "D" mainspring, at a pretty nice price-it's especially nice having the trigger paired with the D spring.

Best, Jon

Edited by JonInWA