Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi-Viz front sight for 85 combat

cpa5oh

Trying to figure out what to do for my 85 combat as far as sights...if came with an adjustable rear sight, so I was thinking of going with either a front sight from cz-custom (thin one with a red fiber optic rod) or a Hi-Viz red fiber optic. Anybody have any thoughts on which of these I should go with...or another suggestion altogether.

For some reason, sights make a big difference with my shooting. I put a Dawson fiber optic front sight on a Rock Island 1911 and instantly shot it better than without. I put a Dawson adjustable rear and fiber optic front on my Glock 34 and instantly shot it better as well. Seems my eyes like the fiber optic on a thin blade. I do like the idea of the adjustable rear, then again I'm new to action pistol and very new to CZ's so I'll go with whatever you experienced guys recommend.

Thanks!

Dan

I really like using FO with a thin front blade sight. The hi viz is not as thin as the czc sight. I would go with the czc front sight and your stock adj rear.

Good luck Jp

Edited by JP THOMPSON

I really like using FO with a thin front blade sight.

Good luck Jp

Me too...is the Hi Viz a thin front blade sight? Looks like it might not be that thin...

I've got three options:

- hi viz front sight, stock 85 combat rear (which is adjustable)

- cz custom front sight, stock 85 combat rear (which is adjustable)

- cz custom front and rear sights (rear is not adjustable)

Anybody have any thoughts on what would work best for my 85 combat?