Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Division holster for Witness Limited?

mrgreentie

The most secure bikini style/skeleton holster is the DAA Racemaster. Only one way that gun is going to come out, and that is a 1/4" motion up along the barrel axis.

The Ghostholster has me spooked (sorry for the pun) because while playing with it, I managed to get the gun to pop out when I wasn't even trying. The closest point of contact I had on the holster was the belt attachment. I didn't even touch the gun. Good thing I was only at my bench at home, and the gun fell all of 4 inches. Further attempts to reproduce the problem had been unsuccessful, but I didn't need something sitting in the back of my mind wondering when the next accidental drop would happen. Don't let this dissuade you, though. Many people have been successful with the Ghostholster.

I've heard some people are happy with the Guga Ribas as well, but I've not had a chance to play with one.

I have tired many different "Race" holsters (CR Speed, Ghost, Speed Sec, Race Master) and they all have at least one significant disadvantage in either lack of adjustability or hanging up while you draw from funky start positions. I always end up going back to the Blade Tech DOH as that is the most forgiving holster from a funky start position perspective. Drawing from the Blade Tech DOH is no slower than using a "Race" holster anyway.

Well...I broke down and bought the Blade-tech DOH. I decided to purchase it after realizing I'd need to buy another holster for 3 Gun so I figured I might as well have a holster I can run around with and not worry about my gun falling out.

Pretty amped about getting this gun running in local USPSA matches.