Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

first level 3 match with my revo

joedodge

boy what an expierence going from club matches with my 4 inch 625 to a area championship. It was a totally higher level of demand and challenge i loved it it was amazing.I really dont know why more people wont give these guns a chance its an amazing division and amazing people i learned alot keeping a staedy rythm and using the front sight and keeping the reloads smooth. I shot a little conservative not on the ragged edge. It was a great time had by all I didnt do quite as well as i would have liked but makes me want it more im gonna stick with revo im deffinatly hooked got a millet sight and 5 inch barrel thats going on in the next few days. thanks for letting me rant.....

Pete I'm gonna try a black front blade and I was lucky enough to find a millet rear instead of the funky factory sight it gives you a binary style picture like a 1911 I'm gonna give icore a shot this summer prolly also

Joe, I really enjoyed being on your squad. For being a new to revolver shooter, you were remarkable. As we discussed on the range, when other shooters see the competition in revolver class is fast and requires more thought and accurate execution, the more new to revolver shooters will try it. And once bitten, its hard to leave. Especially, when we get all our brass back, and no magazine malfuntions or cleaning. I would offer to share a ride to Memphis but the the World steel is in our back yard for the first time, and is hard to pass up since I'm shooting in revlover Nationals this year. ICORE in Orlando is awsome with 30 to 40 shooters every month, and as accurate of a shooter that you are, you will definitely excel in ICORE.

BTW, Bayou has a Backorder on .45 230's, what were yours again? I don't want to shoot a 186 PF again if I don't need to. And if your interested in traveling by car in the South to some bigger matches, give me a call.

Thank you bryan I'm trying lol I really enjoyed shooting with you again also. I'm deffinatly gonna make to icore in Orlando soob. I was 182 on the chrono I was excessive with making sure I made 165 lol I'm using precision Molly coated lead 230 from precision bullets in Kemp Texas

You and me both...

Shot my first Level III with Revolver recently too.. Our Nationals actually.. 19 stages over Easter. Great match (IMO) and a hell of a learning experience.

We are restricted to 357/9mm bore dia down here (so the Open guys shoot 38 Super/357 Sig).. not surprisingly I shoot a 686.. and have not tried to go Major.. yet. In fact I'm shooting "9x19 Rimmed" which is a good nickname for 38 Short Colt.. That cartridge gives me the benefit of short cases.. which as you know (presumably you shoot 45ACP in moonclips?) are much easier to "throw" into the cylinder..great little cartridge! (PF of 135 according to the Nats chrono stage)

I visit the USA regularly for major Cowboy Action shoots...(going to the LA and IA State titles in May/June) and will - definitely - bring the revolver over one of these days and shoot an IPSC/USPSA match with you folks!

Edited by Trooper