Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decided to go with the Glock 34, but have a ?

Barks Fuller

FWIW, I plan on trading my M&P for a G34. No complaints about the M&P really, just hope the Glock fits me better... did you go G3 or G4 and why?

I went with a G4 instead of the G3 only because of the way it fit. I think the M&P's are closer to the G4 but you should also hunt down a G3. The difference is noticeable to me.

G3 might be great for you.

DNH

FWIW, I plan on trading my M&P for a G34. No complaints about the M&P really, just hope the Glock fits me better... did you go G3 or G4 and why?

I went with a G4 instead of the G3 only because of the way it fit. I think the M&P's are closer to the G4 but you should also hunt down a G3. The difference is noticeable to me.

G3 might be great for you.

DNH

+1 for gen4. Adjustable back straps, double spring, and I like the larger mag button. Big hands so Glock finally fits me now.

Why not the 24 with the 6 1/4" long barrel? Longer sight radius means better accuracy?

Because it won't fit The Box.

The G34-35 "Practical-Tactical" were designed to fit The Box and get them into IDPA and USPSA-IPSC Production.

The tactical part comes in because they are no larger than a 1911 and lighter in weight, therefore not the "competition" gun some deride them as.

• 1 month later...

I carried a Glock 34 concealed every day for about six years. I figured if I can carry and conceal a full-sized 1911 (which I did for years), I can carry and conceal a Glock 34. The main differences, of course, being the G34 is just one helluva lot lighter, and holds about twice as much ammo.