Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 24 in ipsc standard division

hal1955

I came across this post on another forum.

Under IPSC rules, the G24C can compete in Modified division if you trim a bit off the backstrap. It can also compete in Standard division if you trim a bit off the backstrap AND change to a non-ported barrel. The backstrap trimming is required for the gun to fit in the IPSC box.

Is this true, that the backstrap can be trimmed to fit in the ipsc standard box? If so, does anyone have a pic?

Perhaps, IF you cut the grip enough and used G-27 10-round mags in it. :roflol:

Just kidding. The slide/barrel will not fit the box straight across. It has to be angled; hence where the grip becomes a problem. It would fit in the box if you cut a good bit off of the backstrap, but I can't imagine cutting that much off. You'd probably have to take it all the way to the rear surface of the magwell. I wouldn't doubt that people have done it though....

You might get better luck looking for pictures of people that have flattened the backstrap of their Glocks...just for grip purposes. There is probably a thread on here, but certainly on GlockTalk.

One method is the heat the backstrap to soften the plastic, then just squish it down a bit.