Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac optics div question

Nimitz

also, what's a 'switch view & tac latch' ?

A Switch View is a lever to attached to the power ring of a scope to aid with quick manipulation of switching between magnifications on the scope.

The Tac Latch is an extension of the charging handle to help with pulling the charging handle. It also helps if your scope is mounted to the rear and is blocking some of the access to the charging handle.

agreed. I can't see where a scope would be preferable over a red dot at this point either. If I ever were to get into a position where long range rifle shooting was the norm I'd start to get serious about a variable power scope ... thanks!

If that is what you planned, then you would be better suited going to Limited division. The topic of this thread was Tac Optics so that is where we are driving much of this discussion.

Post # 3 should be a DQ moving downrange with the shotgun pointed downrange. The shooter and the RO went down right if front of the gun.

If this were a USPSA match yes but it was an outlaw match not governed by anyones rules but the RO's and the stage briefing specifically allowed grounding the weapons on safe on the table. You would have had to DQ every shooter on this stage with your train of thought. This stage had other issues with it as well however. It was a huge 180 trap and a few shooters did get DQ'd for that. I agree however it would have been better had their been drop barrels or require the gun to be unloaded before advancing. Also the gun was to the right of the shooter and the RO we never crossed the muzzle.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I think the last 2 posts are in the wrong thread ....?

If it continues, I'd respectfully request they open a new thread since they have diverged from your question as the OP. However, the video in post #3 in this thread would apparently be interpreted differently depending on match rules at different locations and governing bodies. I admit I was uncomfortable with some of it, but if the weapons were completely empty and cleared it is less of a concern. Let's not accidentally highjack your thread.:)