Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Task Force Dagger 3 Gun Championship

Due to some differences of opinion with higher directors at AIM, I am no longer working there or associated with the TF Dagger Match. Jeremy Miller plans to carry on with the match, so please direct all questions/concerns to him. jmiller@aimacademyga.com

Edited by Rademacher

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what happened but below is what I know.

I have spent a hour on the phone with Jeremy from AIM and the match will happen! More details tomorrow but its still going to be a good match with a good prize table.

I have been authorized by AIM to make match announcements for the TF Dagger match as well as for future 3 gun matches that will be held. A Few changes to the rules have been made to the rules. The revised rules are attached and the revisions / additions / changes are marked in red.

TF Dagger 3G Rulesv2.pdf

As you are all aware, last minute changes have been made in the match coordinator / director position at the AIM Academy. Be assured that the TF Dagger match will continue as scheduled. With this being a last minute change, it is taking us a few days to get caught up on the information that has been sent out and what is just in draft status. Please be patient and rest assured you will have stage diagrams and all the other information you request by the end of day Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but we do need to verify all information that goes out stays true to what has already been announced. Thank you again for your patience and understanding. If you have questions regarding the match please feel free to contact:

Jeremy Miller

jmiller@aimacademyga.com

We will do our best to get you a fast and accurate answer.

To ensure that all squad request are honored please send all request and questions to either Jeremy above or my email rnowell@marksmanshipacademy.com

The match is progressing well. I apologize for the lack of updates but be assured the match is going to be fun and exciting. There are a few slots if your interested. The match fee and app can be called in. If your on the fence come out and shoot with us

We are having a lot of last minute sign ups. We have a little room left as of now.

If you had told Dustin you would RO please email me to confirm. Also, one last change to the rules and a teaser. Any target over 100yrds is a 20 sec. penalty for a failure to hit. There WILL be bonus targets so know your holds on the rifle at distance.

Let us know any questions.

Ryan

I tell ya this is a tough crowd. No response in days and now people droll over a little bonus. Ok, since we have been slow with updates here is a hint. Take the speed of sound through soft tissue as defined by Edelman and divide by 3.2. That should you get you within a few meters. Easy enough for me :)

Slug stage, 25-30 slugs, bonus rifle targets in the far woodline at 833yds. Slug targets 200-500yds. Yes, slugs will go that far. When you fire you may have to jump up and forward, and thrust your shoulder into the shot a little, but it is feasible.

post-17388-0-65819800-1339470454_thumb.j

Edited by Rademacher

We are pushing hard to make this as headache free as possible. I would bet the farm there are going to be some but they will be small and easily corrected.

Dustin you better come and shoot this match I gotta win that twenty back from last match!

We are pushing hard to make this as headache free as possible. I would bet the farm there are going to be some but they will be small and easily corrected.

Dustin you better come and shoot this match I gotta win that twenty back from last match!

Has anyone ever seen or even heard of a headache free major match?

As a sometimes shooter I prefer to see the envelope pushed with regard to stage design and endure the inconveniences that go with it.

Best of luck,

Ryan, IF I were to come, there is no way you'd be winning your $20 back. I am unemployed, and all I do is sit around all day and shoot now. I spent half of my savings buying chickens to practice for that one stage, and the other half on a vent rib barrel with a ballistic drop compensation system good to 500yds.

No cleaning, no keeping. Stage is not complete until the chickens are no longer able to be identified as chickens. RO will have a can of chicken noodle soup, if any pieces are left on the stage that are bigger than any of the pieces of meat in the can, you are looking at hefty procedurals and penalties.