Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

carry holster

hennuc

Can anyone recommend a secure carry holster for a sw N frame, 627 6"? Must be able to accomodate a red dot.

I want to carry it as a back-up on a free range bacon hunt and not comfortable with my cr speed.

Thank you,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Is this Blade Tech USPSA legal ? It looks like it could be.

No way in hades its production legal. It's cut more than a half inch from the bottom of the ejection port.

Now if you want something similar to that, that IS production legal I would email the guys at B.A. Custom Kydex, they are making a dropped and offset holster that attaches to the belt with a tek lok and the "holster" for the gun is a separate piece that attaches with 2 screws that allow you to adjust the amount of cant the pistol has and allows the whole rig to be moved up and down to get the butt of the pistol above the top of the belt. Pricing is pretty reasonable on it and they are offering 2 different "styles" a USPSA version that is cut below the ejection port and a 3 gun version the comes up the back to protect the rear sight. Also with the 3 gun version is a pair of finger adjustable tension screws. There is a 10 dollar difference between the USPSA and the 3 gun version but that is negligible to me. The thing I like about the 2 piece design is that I can buy the first set up for one price, then buy just the second "holster" for 30 or 40 dollars depending on which extra one you want and basically have 2 holsters that I can set up identical and just swap back and forth between the two in under 5 mins.

Their email is b.a.customkydex@gmail.com

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Can anyone recommend a secure carry holster for a sw N frame, 627 6"? Must be able to accomodate a red dot.

I want to carry it as a back-up on a free range bacon hunt and not comfortable with my cr speed.

Thank you,

Brad

Brad, Have you looked into the Hunter Holster options? For carrying in the field it is comfortable and cheap, sorta. later rdd

Thank you,

Brad

Brad,

I use a blade tech DOH standard holster. These holsters are very usefl and of good quality. Can adjust for cant, and remove drop feature for hunting well designed and well built . I am still using the BT 1911 holster I bought about 15 years ago. That holster has been used on many deployments and still going strong. That's what gave me the confidence to buy BT models for other pistols and revolvers. Am currently using BT holster for all revolvers. I think these are the best holster value for a utility use. Not a race holster, but very good for most anything.

You can mod it to fit your dot mount if necessary. They are cut pretty low to start with. With a hair dryer and a Drexel tool you will have exctly what you want.

-john