Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finger slip on trigger

para45

Dangit--I knew I was forgetting somebody on my IA short list--thought it might be Denny Green from Lake City (I knew him when he was still thumb-cocking). Now you've reminded me that I also forgot Skip. Viers and Don Koch can both shoot revos pretty well too, although they seem to be semi-retired from competitive shooting. (Then again, 4 months ago, so was I!)

I'm gonna miss plates this weekend--will be "vacationing" with family in OH. However, Sam and I have located an IDPA match out there, which will at least give us some trigger time...

Having seen all the recent posts, I've decided to revise my trigger/finger advice to "shoot whatever the hell works for ya" and leave it at that.

Carmoney when and where in Ohio will you be??? We have a great shoot (monthly) at Eagles nest (Waterford Pa.) on the 18th. We usually have 8 to 12 Revolver shooters and the guys that set it up makes it all revolver friendly. We are also have rifle and shotgun stages. Let me know if this might work out and I can get you more details.......John DVC

Diapers...... :lol:

So,,,age jokes eh? Well, I'll respect my elders and bite my tongue. :P At least till I win against one of you revo gurus or my tongue starts hurting,,,,which may happen any moment.....

Hmmmm,,,,I guess diapers would be a relatively decent description. Nine years ago, I couldn't have even bought a revolver. :rolleyes:

I would love to shoot steel, but can't make it. My house will be in varying states of destruction of the next several days. Got one guy doing roofing work on all three structures (complete tear offs). Got another getting ready to gut a bathroom. And, little ol' me is doing landscaping work and helping a buddy move.

I'm getting lots of dryfire practice. I feel really lucky to have such an active group of top quality revolver shooters to learn from.,,,,,another advantage of youth.....let the old guys figure everything out and mooch off their experience. :D

H4444

RPM--

Actually, at Second Chance '93 I was second to Ken Tapp.  Jerry finished third, after I managed to beat him on the tie-breaking "throwaway" table.  (He used his fingertip and his serrated trigger and emptied both his main gun and his backup gun faster than it took me to fire five times--unfortunately for Jerry, he rolled one into the corner of the tiered table and couldn't dig it out even with all that lead flying downrange...I went slow and hit five for five.)   

WAY TO GO!

Unfortunately, the great game of bowling pin shooting seems to be nearly extinct these days... 

I spoke with Richard Davis (owner of Second Chance) at the SHOT show this year and he spoke of the possibility of bringing the greatest pin match of all time back to life!

John: We're gonna shoot IDPA with the Ashland Lake Gun Club on Sat. They're actually have a (gasp!) PIN SHOOT on Sunday morning, but our presence has been committed elsewhere that day (this is primarily a family "vacation" trip...) Thanks, anyway!!

Reneet: I've been hearing those rumors, too. Think it might depend on whether Richard's new wife will approve.... :-) If they bring back Second Chance, I will do everything I can to arrange my schedule so I can be there!

I just got back from the Wheelgunners Revenge 6, and looked at the digital photos. Tony Holmes and I both crank our wheelguns using the first joint. I'll have to blow up and sharpen a few other shots, but it looks like the other fast guys there also use the first joint.

As Ive observed before.....where you place in the standings when the smoke clears, can be affected by many factors/errors, but where you place your finger on the trigger is probably NOT one of them:)