Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm having a very frustrating issue tonight. I run a Mac with OS X and my internet service is ATT Uverse. For some flipping reason today, the email account is asking for a password. It's never done that before in the 2 years we've had this account. I can't remember what it is or know why it would suddenly ask for it.

Any ideas? I've already tried the handful of generic passwords that I normally use.

Does your email app have a password recovery feature?

Some will text a temporary password to your mobile device, assuming you have that information in your account profile.

I guess not, because I don't have a mobile device linked to the account. The most frustrating thing is that it worked perfectly this morning before work and now suddenly it wants a PW!!! WTF!!!

I'm sure it's very simple to resolve the issue....but I'd love to do ti w/o calling AT&T.

I have a yahoo/AT&T mail account and I too have noticed that I'm unexpectedly challenged for a password. This is after logging in and specifically checking the box to "Stay logged in for two weeks". Same for my mom's AT&T email account.

At first, I thought it was a cookie issue but I really don't know.

Are you using regular mac Mail? (Which is what I'm using with AT&T.) When he asks for a password, there's also a checkbox that says remember this password in your keychain. I checked that; he does.

Yes Sir, regular Mac email without a single issue for over a year. I'm not sure what was going on, but it's working now.