Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anybody using a G22 in production???

bulm540

Sold my G34, so my production gun is a G22.

I shoot factory ammo. I use a 13 lbs recoil spring, have had some trigger work and polished the internals a bit,,,the muzzle flip is greatly reduced.

Sold my G34, so my production gun is a G22.

I shoot factory ammo. I use a 13 lbs recoil spring, have had some trigger work and polished the internals a bit,,,the muzzle flip is greatly reduced.

What factoryLoad????Winchester 165s???

Todd Sindelar may not be a house-hold name in USPSA (yet) but he should be; he shot into the top 10 in Production at the last Factory Gun Nationals & made GM in '04; you will be hard pressed to find anyone in USPSA as helpful, thoughtful & kind as Todd; just look out when the buzzer goes off; he is as fast as all get-out w/ that Glock 22.

Bulm540,

I use a G22 in Production and really like it. I got it about 6 or 7 years ago and decided to start shooting it last year. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll try to be of some assistance.

Doug,

Thank you very much for the kind words, you're the best (I'm not just saying that, either).

Regards,

Todd

P.S. Hi Matt! :D

I don't like to mess with my settings once I get a load that I like. So when I go from Major to Minor in .40, I just switch from 180 gr. bullets to 155. Same type and weight of powder.

In my Glock 35, I use 4.8 gr. N320 with a Berrys plated 180. This gives a 170 PF. When I switch to 4.8 N320 with a 155 gr. Berrys, I get a 137 pf.

Start low, work up, YMMV, yada yada......

Yeah, Winchester 165's,,,,grab them at wallyworld.

If I get real serious about production, I'll load up some minor ammo. For now, I don't shoot it often enough to motivate me to change my press setup for the shorter ammo.

I'm running long ammo in my STI,,,,so I don't like changing it around.

But my gun doesn't flip too bad and I don't mind the recoil. With the current setup, and my own shooting style the front sight seems to snap back on target pretty consistently.

H4444